Sunday, October 16, 2005

Just a sunday night with nothing really interesting to write...

As I approached mi casa I heard the familiar tenor of Russian being spoken. I looked up and noticed two people walking up Balboa. Both were thoroughly engaged on their cell phones, they were both speaking russian, they were both on their cell phones. Some part of me chuckled hearing how "Zhenya, wait wait wait, the garage door will be openned, we'll be right there." They were infinately important in their own minds. I kinda dug it and at the same time had to say "oy vey!"

Went to see "Two For The Money" this weekend with Pacino and Mathew (I'm not even gonna try spelling that last name.) Well, what can I say? Al is always kinda brilliant, but the role is far to safe. We know he can be fired up, we know he can seem creepy. WE've seen him be fired up like a batptist minister way too often: Devil's Advocate, City Hall, Any Given Sunday and Heat. He does those roles well. It feels a little like the guy is getting type cast. I mean he needs to take some more risks. I suppose this late in his career he's had a whole bag of risks and has done the great roles, but it seems there are more in store for him if he wanted them. I want to see more small projects like Searching for Richard or even a Frankie & Johnny or say something like Angels in America. Thats where the untapped potential lies. Since the days of "Dog Day Afternoon" we know this man can do rage. We know he can raise the little man complex to all new level as seen Scarface, he has the fire in his belly and a voice to fan the flames to temperatures deep in the Kelvin. I want to see the quiet side of paccino, something a bit more refined, or at least contrasted against his fiery and explosive side. I think that's what I loved about Scent of a Woman, Frank, the character, was a serious looser, and you could see that in the fatigue of a man who is almost as tired of being an asshole as he is a cripple. But hell, he's a pleasure to watch, don't get me wrong, I just want to see him in a different capacity, that's all.

I wondering if I have the strength to wake myself up around 3 am and see if I can catch the moon hang over Ocean Beach from Sutro Heights Park. It would be a lovely sight for sure. Take the medium format up there and hope I can snap off a couple longish exposures in black and white without having the frames overlap. It would truly tickle me, hell, we'll see... (Breath should not be held in any way shape or form).

No comments: