Monday, May 16, 2005

An odd interlude...

Driving to work this morning from the Russian Consulat in Pac. Heights I had a strange and bizarre run in. I was heading down Gough when a big Cadillac sedan pulls along side me. I ignore it until I realize the driver, a grizzled old ogre of a man, is trying to get my attention. I roll down the window thinking this will be yet another offer to "fix those dents". To my surprise he asks me "Do you know what old Submarine seamen call that?" pointing to the missing door guard along my passenger side that I scraped off in a tight parking space in my old flat by an iron pole hidden in a shrub. I replied "no." He said "Too much speed and not enough rudder!" and then drove on laughing as I said "Thanks." Needless to say, I was left feeling puzzled, like maybe this was some kernal of divine knowledge and I wasn't grocking it...

2 comments:

Kristine said...

That graphic is cracking me up. WTF?!?!

mephistofales said...

I thought about that but I was afraid I'd only prove him right... :P