Monday, January 29, 2007

Everything anew...

Not only does this week mark the end of my tenure with my current employer that I've worked for the past three years, it also marks the beginning of my last semester, the universe willing, of course work for the MFA. No matter how I try and wrap my brain around this one I can't help but think "wow!" so much is going on and I'm trying to shed my corporate persona and be a free thinker and academcian. I'm 30 minutes from the start of my class and for the next three hours I have to remind myself that DSNs, ESPs, DSPs, RFCs, bounce codes, headers, smtp and the rest of it has little to no bearing on what we'll be discussing. I don't know if I've been lazy with my schooling over the last year or what the exact deal is, but I've done this dance between the academic and the corporate for 10 years in one capacity or another, and it's becoming steadily harder to flip the switch and remove myself from one venue and into another... I need to write a poem tonight, if I don't get too smashed as I'm due back in the "fray" once class lets out. Once more unto the breach... once more.

No comments: