Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The neo-nazis midget and the amazonian hooker

I don't think I mentioned this in my previous post, but there was the incident of the neo-nazis midget pimp and the amazonian hooker... so before I left for St. Pete's I began to correspond with a guy named Jenya who was a friend of Jenya's (Mariya's sister) that she met online. This Jenya was her male doppleganger as he too was born in St. Petersburg and was returning there for the first time in 15 years. She suggested he contact me for some Visa troubles so I could give him some advice on places and ways to deal with the Consulate. Anyway, the three of us all met up one night, this was the night of the bar fight described in the previous post... and after the bar fight ended the night at the office pub early we few, we happy few and too awake and slightly intoxicated few, who don't sleep a wink in this town, decided it was time to go dance. Now that I look back on it, it was just us Russians, the participants went to bed and we quietly slithered to that corner of the city where we tell them never to go. instead of the usual, Datcha, we went to Fidel's. Fidel's is the new bar openned just a year ago by the former half owner of Datcha, to compete with that bar. Normally it's a mellow place, from previous experience, but tonight the people there were in rare rare form.

As we made our way through the crowd and to the back dance floor we came upon a sight stranger than anything I could remember. There was a very short bald headed guy, hard to make out his sleaves of tats but they looked to be of the I've been around the block variety. He maybe came up to my shoulder and wasn't what I would call a handsome lad at all. He sat at the counter along the wall with his back to it. Leaning into him and making out with him was a 6'3" Amazon wearing a g-string and a PVC jacket. Her legs were painted with strange animal designs and other sundry patterns. He barely made her shoulder. They stood around the dance floor as he would get off on how people stared at her. I couldn't decide if he was pimping her out or just insane, but in either case, it was, um... well, bizarre. The night ended well enough and we all got the dancing shtick out of our system and then went back to our respective hotels to retire... but I'm telling you dear and gentle readers, this town is getting really strange!

The boat ride was awesome, happily, it stopped raining just as we stepped out of the hotel to make our way for the Moyka 43 landing. the sad part was that I didn't take my camera because it was raining cats and dogs... this is a strange and funny place...

pozhe...

No comments: